Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Eastpoint


I don’t know if there is anyone out there who has concerns about me coming on staff at Eastpoint but if there is I wanted to take some time to share with you a few things...


You need to know that I was a Sr. Pastor for 6 years at Valley Real Life and that I loved my job. I would still be there today if I had my way but it became clear to me that it was time to move on. I did not attend a bible college and I don’t have any degrees associated with the ministry. God called me into the ministry and then began teaching me through experience and in a way I look back at the last 6 years as my bachelor degree. God has now called me to another level of learning and has shown me that my professor will be none other than Kurt Bubna.


As a Pastor at Eastpoint my role will be drastically different than that of a Sr. Pastor and I am looking forward to it. I am eager to learn and to improve and to be a blessing to this church with my passion and energy. However, it will be in the role of a Young Adult Pastor and not in the role of a Preaching Pastor or Sr. Pastor. While I will be on the preaching rotation it will be once a quarter or maybe 4 to 5 times a year...much less than what I am used to.


So there you have it... If you have anymore questions or comments you know what to do...


1 comment:

  1. Welcome Matt! Looking forward to seeing you around @ Eastpoint. Now I just need to get off my butt and go to church!

    ReplyDelete