Friday, December 25, 2009

A new beginning...

I think that it is no coincidence that the path that God has chosen for me is in the ministry to "young adults". This will be a new beginning for me and if there is something that every young adult faces it's a new beginning. So we are facing something similar. They begin for the first time to be treated as an adult by their government, by potential employers and hopefully by their family. Some of them will begin new things like college, marriage or even raising children. While I have done those things I have never focused my attention on how to directly engage with and minister into the lives of those who are at this particular age. So in a way it's like I am beginning anew and truthfully I feel like I did when I was a young adult...clueless but determined.

But that is where I believe the similarities end. You see I don't think that the young adults of this day and age are as clueless as I was. In fact, I believe that the young adults of today are smarter than what even they realize. This generation knows more than any other generation before them because they have grown up in the "information age". The internet has been their toy and everything they could ever want to know is right at their fingertips. But with all of that information has come every opinion, every philosophy and every opportunity to lose sight of truth. And when truth is lost...well...all is lost.

So my passion will be to make the truth known and to help people to be truthful...to be Veritas. Veritas is the Latin word for truth and will be the name of the young adult ministry that I will be starting. Look for the website for this ministry coming soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Matt,

    Let me know if I can help with your website.

    --Dan Scanlan
    danscanlan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a website guy? I have a friend working me up some stuff right now but there is going to be a lot of updating that I will need done on almost a daily basis. Let me know what your capabilities are or availability is and we'll go from there.

    ReplyDelete